If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, OfficeMax accepts returns on most products purchased from our catalogue return within 14 days of delivery. This excludes furniture, customised product and products specifically indicated as being non returnable. Delivery charges are not refundable. Some change of mind returns may incur a restocking fee. Goods must be returned in original packaging and in re-saleable condition.
This Returns Policy is in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty that applies to the goods.
This Returns Policy is in addition to, and does not affect or limit, a consumer’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law
. Where any of the goods are faulty (or become faulty through no fault of yours) or are not in accordance with your order of the law otherwise provided that they may be returned, you may, within a reasonable period of time, return the Goods to us at no cost you.
You may request to return goods by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Customer Service Team on 1800 004 427.
To Request a return
1. To request a return you can email us at email@example.com or contact our Customer Service team on 1800 004 427.
2. If the return is approved, you will be issued with instructions on the return process by our Customer Service team. You will be advised of any applicable charges.
3. The goods must be sent to the Return address provided. Return freight will be at OfficeMax’s cost only when there has been an error on OfficeMax’s part.
4. Receipt of any Goods by us or any of our agents and representatives that are returned other than in accordance with the above procedures will not constitute nor be deemed to constitute our acceptance of the return of the Goods for credit.
For queries regarding orders, product information or if you are having difficulties using the website please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Customer Service Team is also available between 8.00am and 5.00pm EST, Monday to Friday on 1800 004 427.
Where any of the Goods are faulty (or become faulty through no fault of yours) or are not in accordance with your order or a guarantee that applies to the Goods under the Australian Consumer Law is otherwise not complied with, you may require us to remedy the failure within a reasonable time by completing an online Goods Return Authority form.
We will, at our election:
• repair the Goods, or
• replace the Goods with identical goods, or
• provide a full refund.
If the failure to comply with a guarantee is a “major failure” under the Australian Consumer Law you may:
• notify us that you reject the Goods (and the grounds for rejection), or
• recover compensation from us for any reduction in the value of the Goods below the price paid.
A major failure to comply with a guarantee is where the Goods:
• would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer who knew about the failure
• depart significantly from their description
• are not fit for their usual purpose, or a particular purpose for which you acquired the Goods that you informed us of, and cannot be readily fixed
• are not safe.
If you notify us that you reject the Goods, you must return the Goods to us (unless the Goods cannot be returned without significant cost to you because of the nature of the failure to comply with the guarantee, or the dimensions of the Goods, in which case we will collect the Goods at our expense), and you may elect to:
• receive a refund, or
• have the Goods replaced with goods of the same type and similar value (if reasonably available to us).
You may not notify us that you reject the Goods if:
• the period within which it would be reasonable to expect the relevant failure to comply with the guarantee to become apparent has ended, or
• the Goods have been lost, destroyed or disposed of, or
• the Goods were damaged after delivery to you (and the reason for the damage does not relate to the state or condition of the Goods at the time of delivery), or
• the Goods have been attached to or incorporated in any property (and cannot be detached or isolated without damaging them).
You may return Goods to us whether or not they are in their original packaging.
Cancellation of online orders varies depending on the stage of the order process. If you have changed your mind and wish to cancel your order, please contact our Customer Service Team as soon as possible on 1800 004 427 to discuss your needs.
We accept all MasterCard, Visa and American Express credit cards.
For credit card transactions, our site adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. The payment process utilised by our site uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption. We do not store your credit card details.
Please refer to the order forms distributed by your school for details on when you can collect or expect delivery of your order.